Monday, September 19, 2011

Not really the promised goods...

Another painting to post. As the title mentions, this is not really the promised fruit of artistic thinking. But to be fair I started this one a long time ago. Im personally quite pleased to have it finished so I can clear my plate and start fresh in a new direction. Not that Im not happy with this work, I am. Finally. Its been a little rotter. But its done and Im happy. Like someone once told me, portraiture is a picutre of someone with something wrong with the mouth...or something like that. Yep, I think that holds here. But Ive worked at this sucker until I pulled out what I think I am able to pull out at this stage. Its a good thing to know when to put down the paint brush. This is Minette, my lovely daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one!
    By the way it was me who told you about the quote ....and it is originally from John Singer Sargent....of course!...the mouth looks fine by the way:)

    ReplyDelete

Painting 2. Realisation

Painting 2. Realisation
Work for Dappled Cities CD Launch