Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First time for everything

Hey people...everyone else has a blog, so I thought I would get one too. Since its all about who can get the most followers, so we will see how we go on the follower tally. Oh and mine is also about art, cause things seem to be ramping up and I actually do have some stuff to report. So it might even be worth reading. A lot of firsts lately, including first painting in oils since well techincally I did one for my sister's 21st, but that was like over a decade ago....but that was just a one off. This time I painted a copy of Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring", and really Tania you should probably throw out that old birthday pressie cause this ones heaps better, but Im not giving it to you. Then I have been selected as one of 12 artists to come up with some sort of fantastic visual art for a band called Dappled Cities, who are launching a new CD in July. This is a new first...never done anything like this before! Plus Im using acrylics, which gosh, takes me back to highschool...year 12 art I think! So first time in a long time with that too. Still watercolouring...just did the biggest watercolour Ive done. Check out my recently updated website too...none of those paintings I have just mentioned are on there, but there are a few other new ones too. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Well I think this is the coolest blog ever. Black is definitely the go for the serious blogger. I'm more than honoured to be the first of your many follwers, and am now goin gto link your blog to my site so that you are bound to get lots of visitors.
    Cheers Gail

    ReplyDelete

Painting 2. Realisation

Painting 2. Realisation
Work for Dappled Cities CD Launch